Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Some of the wildlife at Francois Peron NP

Ever heard of a shag on a rock? Here are some dozens - otherwise known as cormorans
.
A pair of dugongs, mother and chick I think.

This goanna unfortunately moved as I was trying to take it and the dolphin behind it in the water - see the next photo. I nearly captured both in the same shot.

Dolphin swimming right on the waterline hunting for mackeral. It has to finely judge it so it does not get stranded. I nearly caputred it together with the goanna.

All the above were seen on the same day at Cape Peron right at the tip of the national park. We also saw some manta rays but the phtos of them did not come out.

Tomorrow we are going to see dolphin feeding and also going on a boat cruise. Watch this space..........
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Dear Nikki and Andrew,
    I enjoyed looking at your photos of your tour around Oz.

    I was wondering if I could use your photo of the Greenough River in a book that I am writing. Of course I will credit you for the photo.


    Yours sincerely,

    Henry Van Zanden

    ReplyDelete